Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Review of Physiology


Authors :Soumen Manna
Edition : 2
Year : 2018
Description :

‘Review of Physiology’, the book is intended to aid basic understanding of the subject to the students who are preparing for the postgraduate medical entrance examination (PGMEE).
It is a concise review of key physiologic principles and is intended to help the students recall material taught during their frst years MBBS. It is not intended to substitute for
comprehensive textbooks, although the students may fnd it a useful adjunct to physiology and pathophysiology courses.




This book is considerably shorter than the full-length, standard physiology textbook.
Most of this book evolved from the 25th edition of 
Ganong’s Review of Medical Physiology, 13th edition of Guyton’s Textbook of Medical Physiology, 6th edition of Berne & Levy’s
Physiology 
and Essentials of Medical physiology by Sembulingam. The material is organized by organ system into eighteen chapters, which include
General Physiology (Chapters 1-2), Nerve-Muscle Physiology (Chapters 3–4), Cardiovascular System (Chapter 5-8), Respiratory System (Chapters 9–11), Central Nervous System (Chapters 12–18), Renal (Chapter 15), Gastrointestinal (Chapter 16), Endocrine Physiology (Chapter 17) and One Special Topic Exercise Physiology (Chapter 18). Difcult concepts are explained stepwise, concisely, and clearly, with appropriate illustrative examples. More than 140 full illustrations and flow diagrams and more than 120
tables will help the students visualize the material quickly and aid in long-term retention. 



Each chapter begins with a concise theory of each topic, followed by multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and their clear, concise, proper explanations with references of the
standard textbooks and/or research papers. 
NBE patern questions and various states PG examination questions had been separated from AIIMS/PGI/JIPMER questions, so that the students can easily concentrate different examinations according to their choice. Each chapter ends with predicted MCQs for future examination, based on current examination patern, under the heading “Future Trends” along with their detail explanations. 


This section also includes image-based questions. I wish that the students will go through this book thoroughly and will do excellence in their examinations. Best of luck in your preparation for postgraduate medical entrance examination. Genuine doubts, suggestions are always welcome. First and foremost, I would like to thank God, the Almighty, for His showers of blessings throughout my work to complete this book successfully.


A special acknowledgement and thanks to my family for having the patience with me and supporting throughout, specially my mother, my father, my brother, who gave me encouragement in their particular way. I would like to thank my wife Subha Laxmi for standing beside me throughout my career and writing this book. She has been my inspiration and motivation for continuing to improve my knowledge and move my career forward. I also thank my wonderful son, Sayantan for always making me smile and for understanding on those weekend mornings when I was writing this book instead of playing with him. I would like to thank my other family members including my in-laws, who have always supported me throughout my career and authoring this book and I really appreciate it.

Link Download :  http://libccA86C9456

No comments:

Post a Comment